Up: PHYSICS LECTURE NOTES PHYS
The purpose of most electronic systems is to measure or control some
The system will need to acquire data from the environment, process
this data and record it.
Acting as a control system it will also have to interact with the
The flow of information in a typical data acquisition system (DAQ) can
be described as follows.
- The input transducers measure some property of the environment.
- The output from the transducers is conditioned (amplified,
- The conditioned analog signal is digitized using an
analog-to-digital converter (ADC).
- The digital information is acquired, processed and recorded by
- The computer may then modify the environment by outputting
- The digital control signals are converted to analog signals
using a digital-to-analog converter (DAC).
- The analog signals are conditioned (eg. amplified and filtered)
appropriately for an output transducer.
- The output transducer interacts with the environment.
Tue Jul 13 16:55:15 EDT 1999