A wall of bins contains hundreds of parts. Finding the part you need in the bins is nearly impossible. A pricebook / inventory system can number the bins and help to catalog the contents, but quickly finding the bin from it's number is still difficult.
At the upper right and left corners, mount laser line projectors (as found on laser levels) on servos so that the laser line can be rotated to project over the face of the bin stack. Calibrate the system such that the laser lines cross at any given bin number.
|file: /Techref/idea/laserbins.htm, 0KB, , updated: 2020/8/13 10:54, local time: 2022/5/17 09:54,
|©2022 These pages are served without commercial sponsorship. (No popup ads, etc...).Bandwidth abuse increases hosting cost forcing sponsorship or shutdown. This server aggressively defends against automated copying for any reason including offline viewing, duplication, etc... Please respect this requirement and DO NOT RIP THIS SITE. Questions?|
<A HREF="http://piclist.com/techref/idea/laserbins.htm"> Laser line cross bin indication for faster inventory access / picking</A>
|Did you find what you needed?|
PICList 2022 contributors:
o List host: MIT, Site host massmind.org, Top posters @20220517
* Page Editors: James Newton, David Cary, and YOU!
* Roman Black of Black Robotics donates from sales of Linistep stepper controller kits.
* Ashley Roll of Digital Nemesis donates from sales of RCL-1 RS232 to TTL converters.
* Monthly Subscribers: Gregg Rew. on-going support is MOST appreciated!
* Contributors: Richard Seriani, Sr.
Welcome to piclist.com!