The Art of Electronics (Horowitz & Hill, Cambridge University Press, ISBN 0-521-37095-7) On page 574 is a nice little table that lists what you can drive with what.
1 pullup to +5V, or use HCT as interface.
TTL - RS232 conversion
NEW! RLC-2 RS232 Level Converter in a DB9 backshell
|file: /Techref/logic/levelconversion.htm, 1KB, , updated: 2008/8/29 09:50, local time: 2019/10/23 20:26,
|©2019 These pages are served without commercial sponsorship. (No popup ads, etc...).Bandwidth abuse increases hosting cost forcing sponsorship or shutdown. This server aggressively defends against automated copying for any reason including offline viewing, duplication, etc... Please respect this requirement and DO NOT RIP THIS SITE. Questions?|
<A HREF="http://piclist.com/techref/logic/levelconversion.htm"> Logic Level Conversion</A>
|Did you find what you needed?|
PICList 2019 contributors:
o List host: MIT, Site host massmind.org, Top posters @20191023 RussellMc, David Van Horn, Bob Blick, AB Pearce - UKRI STFC, Neil, Jason White, Dwayne Reid, James Cameron, David C Brown, Manu Abraham,
* Page Editors: James Newton, David Cary, and YOU!
* Roman Black of Black Robotics donates from sales of Linistep stepper controller kits.
* Ashley Roll of Digital Nemesis donates from sales of RCL-1 RS232 to TTL converters.
* Monthly Subscribers: Gregg Rew. on-going support is MOST appreciated!
* Contributors: Richard Seriani, Sr.
Welcome to piclist.com!