Sometimes it is less costly to store a result which is often needed than it is to compute it each time. Caching replaces computing time with memory use. Of course, one still must /find/ the result (which can be non-trivial in large systems with many results) and retrieve it (which may be non-trivial when the "result" is large or memory is in short supply... which is always).
|file: /Techref/method/caching.htm, 0KB, , updated: 2011/2/25 15:34, local time: 2022/12/7 18:03,
|©2022 These pages are served without commercial sponsorship. (No popup ads, etc...).Bandwidth abuse increases hosting cost forcing sponsorship or shutdown. This server aggressively defends against automated copying for any reason including offline viewing, duplication, etc... Please respect this requirement and DO NOT RIP THIS SITE. Questions?|
<A HREF="http://piclist.com/techref/method/caching.htm"> Caching Methods</A>
|Did you find what you needed?|
PICList 2022 contributors:
o List host: MIT, Site host massmind.org, Top posters @none found
- Page Editors: James Newton, David Cary, and YOU!
* Roman Black of Black Robotics donates from sales of Linistep stepper controller kits.
* Ashley Roll of Digital Nemesis donates from sales of RCL-1 RS232 to TTL converters.
* Monthly Subscribers: Gregg Rew. on-going support is MOST appreciated!
* Contributors: Richard Seriani, Sr.
Welcome to piclist.com!