Searching \ for 'EMI in my room 2' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: piclist.com/techref/index.htm?key=emi+room
Search entire site for: 'EMI in my room 2'.

Truncated match.
PICList Thread
'EMI in my room 2'
2000\03\29@130359 by Andre Abelian

picon face
Hi to all engineers.

Thanks for every one for replaying my question.
I did more testing and tried every thing that piclisters
recommended and I still have the same problem.

  This morning someone from water and power came by with
   a small handheld meter and we started to do measurements EMF all
  over the place. What I found is that near power transformer
  is 6,5 mg  but close to my room (outside) is 15mg and inside of
  my room between 3,0 to 10mg. I also tried this I turned the microwave
 owen on and measured the EMF 10 inches far from the owen I got 15mg field.
 any help I will highly appreciated.

Andre Abelian

2000\03\29@135137 by David VanHorn

flavicon
face
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1


{Quote hidden}

I assume 6,5 means 6.5?

The readings you report don't seem to make sense.. More field outside your
room, than near their power transformer?  This would indicate something
generating a field within your house.  It could be a wiring problem

You should follow the meter, keep moving twoard maximum flux, then try to
work out what is causing it.  Be aware too, the probes need to be turned
through all three axes, to make sure you are seeing the real peak.

If you had a loop of wire around your room, energized with 15mA of current,
that would give you 15mG.  When you think in terms of possible leakage in
old wiring that isn't much at all.

I have this happening at home, though I haven't tried to run it down.
If you set your monitor scan rate as far as you can from 60Hz (70+?) then
you won't see it.

A few Milligauss isn't much.  (BTW: That's mG.. mg is MilliGram)

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: PGPfreeware 6.5.2 for non-commercial use <http://www.pgp.com>

iQA/AwUBOOJ6GIFlGDz1l6VWEQJYtQCfUzcqrZRijDop+rqu12bq/YhCuhQAnjY2
fv2aWijv3lmsKMX27uItQJP4
=U6RC
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

2000\03\29@191628 by Andre Abelian

picon face
> >   This morning someone from water and power came by with
> >    a small handheld meter and we started to do measurements EMF all
> >   over the place. What I found is that near power transformer
> >   is 6,5 mg  but close to my room (outside) is 15mg and inside of
> >   my room between 3,0 to 10mg. I also tried this I turned the microwave
> >  owen on and measured the EMF 10 inches far from the owen I got 15mg
field.
> >  any help I will highly appreciated.
> >
> >Andre Abelian

>
> I assume 6,5 means 6.5?

I checked it myself and I got the model  number of that tool and a while ago
I found the web site it is pretty  accurate tool check it out
http://www.meda.com/achand.htm


> The readings you report don't seem to make sense..

I agree with you but unfortunately that is what I got

>More field outside your
> room, than near their power transformer?  This would indicate something
> generating a field within your house.

The area where I got highest is right on top of my room comes from
Power lines.

> It could be a wiring problem
It sounds like it but not in my house because I turned every thing off too
I am still getting that signal.


> You should follow the meter, keep moving twoard maximum flux, then try to
> work out what is causing it.  Be aware too, the probes need to be turned
> through all three axes, to make sure you are seeing the real peak.
>
> If you had a loop of wire around your room, energized with 15mA of
current,
> that would give you 15mG.  When you think in terms of possible leakage in
> old wiring that isn't much at all.
> I have this happening at home, though I haven't tried to run it down.
> If you set your monitor scan rate as far as you can from 60Hz (70+?) then
> you won't see it.
Maximum I can go is 1024x1024 65hz I still can see it.


Andre

2000\03\29@193307 by Terry

flavicon
face
Andre, have you tried installing a new display card in your PC?

Cheers
Terry


At 04:24 PM 3/29/00 -0800, you wrote:
{Quote hidden}

2000\03\29@193730 by David VanHorn

flavicon
face
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1


>The area where I got highest is right on top of my room comes from
>Power lines.

You have power lines (outside on a pole type) running over your house??

>> It could be a wiring problem
>It sounds like it but not in my house because I turned every thing off too
>I am still getting that signal.

That wouldn't necessarily do it, unless you pulled the circuit breakers.
You gould get 15mA leakage in the power wires themselves, or between the
power wires and a water pipe, or....

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: PGPfreeware 6.5.2 for non-commercial use <http://www.pgp.com>

iQA/AwUBOOLLA4FlGDz1l6VWEQJ2UACgvGyVIgAjtjfT9xPeUnqWS+Omxz0An0ph
eQfhI1l5g/kHmNzp82dXVhwz
=Etg4
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

2000\03\29@220415 by Dan Michaels

flavicon
face
>>More field outside your
>> room, than near their power transformer?  This would indicate something
>> generating a field within your house.
>
>The area where I got highest is right on top of my room comes from
>Power lines.
>
>> It could be a wiring problem

>
>It sounds like it but not in my house because I turned every thing off too
>I am still getting that signal.
>

It is possible the wiring to/from the transformer runs under your
house?

2000\03\30@080540 by paulb

flavicon
face
Dan Michaels wrote:

> It is possible the wiring to/from the transformer runs under your
> house?

 I think this transformer is getting far too much press.  Unless they
make them really strange over there, pole transformers should have
negligible flux leakage beyond two metres.  Likewise, wiring generally
has the two conductors together and magnetic flux cancels well.

 Your house wiring may certainly be run "open", creating large
inductive loops, but even if you had a power main running below the
house, it would not.  There's a reason for this.  Leakage inductance
represents major radiation losses to the power company - they are too
canny to allow that.

 The field affecting the monitor is most likely from a device within
half a metre, usually a (fluorescent or halogen) desk lamp.  The UPS
would qualify, remove from circuit *and* turn off to find out.
--
 Cheers,
       Paul B.

More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 2000 , 2001 only
- Today
- New search...