Electronic forms integration by modifying the Linux or Unix Printer Driver script file
When trying to load binary images through a parallel port, as with the simple DOS command:>
COPY <filename> LPT1 /B
You might have the best luck with the following UNIX command:
dd if=<sourcefile> of=/dev/lp0
'dd' is a handy utility to perform raw transfers without adding any extraneous characters. If dd is not available, try
cat sourcefile > /dev/lp0
|file: /Techref/os/linux/printing.htm, 0KB, , updated: 2002/7/1 11:57, local time: 2022/6/26 12:37,
|©2022 These pages are served without commercial sponsorship. (No popup ads, etc...).Bandwidth abuse increases hosting cost forcing sponsorship or shutdown. This server aggressively defends against automated copying for any reason including offline viewing, duplication, etc... Please respect this requirement and DO NOT RIP THIS SITE. Questions?|
<A HREF="http://piclist.com/techref/os/linux/printing.htm"> *nix printing.</A>
|Did you find what you needed?|
PICList 2022 contributors:
o List host: MIT, Site host massmind.org, Top posters @20220626
* Page Editors: James Newton, David Cary, and YOU!
* Roman Black of Black Robotics donates from sales of Linistep stepper controller kits.
* Ashley Roll of Digital Nemesis donates from sales of RCL-1 RS232 to TTL converters.
* Monthly Subscribers: Gregg Rew. on-going support is MOST appreciated!
* Contributors: Richard Seriani, Sr.
Welcome to piclist.com!