Documentation / commands
Linux VPN +
FAQ: If he is Linus (with a hard "I") then why is it Linux (with a soft "I")?
Apparently it isn't Linus in the first place. William Kitchen tells me
"I was wondering about that myself for a long time. Then I heard an audio sample in which Linus pronounced his own name (this is in the sndconf utility). It didn't sound like a hard "i" the way he said it. I'm not sure if it sounded more like the soft "i" as in "pin", or like a hard "e", something like "Leenoos".
Linux File Folders +
|file: /Techref/os/linuxs.htm, 3KB, , updated: 2020/8/29 10:54, local time: 2020/11/24 00:54,
|©2020 These pages are served without commercial sponsorship. (No popup ads, etc...).Bandwidth abuse increases hosting cost forcing sponsorship or shutdown. This server aggressively defends against automated copying for any reason including offline viewing, duplication, etc... Please respect this requirement and DO NOT RIP THIS SITE. Questions?|
<A HREF="http://piclist.com/techref/os/linuxs.htm"> Linux</A>
|Did you find what you needed?|
PICList 2020 contributors:
o List host: MIT, Site host massmind.org, Top posters @20201124 Bob Blick, RussellMc, madscientistatlarge, Neil, Jason White, David C Brown, James Cameron, Sean Breheny, Harold Hallikainen, Alan Pearce,
* Page Editors: James Newton, David Cary, and YOU!
* Roman Black of Black Robotics donates from sales of Linistep stepper controller kits.
* Ashley Roll of Digital Nemesis donates from sales of RCL-1 RS232 to TTL converters.
* Monthly Subscribers: Gregg Rew. on-going support is MOST appreciated!
* Contributors: Richard Seriani, Sr.
Welcome to piclist.com!